Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Thaddeus Cheong

2 nights ago I receive messages telling me a triathlete passed away.

Thaddeus Cheong, 17 yr old National Level triathlete qualified for the SEA games representing Singapore. But when he finished, his life was taken away just like that. Christian.


"I have done my best in the race, I Have run the full distance, and I have kept the faith. And now there is waiting for me the victory prize of being put right with God, which the Lord, the righteous Judge will give me on that Day - and no only to me, but to all those who wait with love for him to appear" 2 Tim 4:7-8 NKJV

Alot of us heard of this verse before. Alot of times. I understood it. But he really brought this verse alive in my heart. I really see it in him.

He finished the race strong and well. He did not falter during the race. He didn't stop, fell and pass away on any of the segments of the race. But he died at the end. When he completed the race for GOD. Finishing well.


Lately, alot of people been discouraging me from doing the Ironman as I am so young and the risk is extra high, espcially my team. After the incident I won't lie. I became anxious, fearful.

But...I am still set in stone...To tackle the IMpossible

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home