Saturday, June 13, 2009

TYA


Mark 2
Some men came, bringing to him a paralytic, 
carried by four of them. Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus and, after digging through it, lowered the mat the paralyzed man was lying on. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic,” Son, your sins are forgiven.”

The word for the season of my life just before army. These four men has taught me alot which I told God this is who I want and need to be. They possess an irrational commitment and act for the well-being of one person. I am not here committed to the camp but to the lives of the children. Committed to meet their needs, committed to impart right values but more importantly committed to love.

When the friends brought the paralyzed man Jesus saw their faith. It was not the faith of the broken man he saw, but by the faith of the 4 people who brought him. And I ask for that same faith, that commitment faith to see the lives of these children touched.

In this camp, the two things I took home was this. One, I am not suppose to just be committed to have faith in my God. Two, Trust sometimes does not need to be earned, but given. During the rope climb and structured experience, one was perilous as their safety could b compromised another was a obstacle of fear in the way of the children. I committed to have faith in my children climbing the rope or putting their hand into the box of insects. To believe they can do it, to believe they are brave that they are more than conquerers. And they did. With the sweat on their brows and the tears in their eyes I have seen them overcome. The power I seen to believe in my children, believe for them and more importantly believe with them.

Soon, I realize, the trust they have for me was not earned but given. As they climb the ropes, I made sure my hands were ready to catch them. These children believed, trusted in me when I did not earn it, when I could fail, when I could just let go. Such faith in a child to believe in someone they barely know. Is it really just because I am an adult or they do not have a choice? Or could it be child-likeness?

The most memorable thing for me during this camp was during the structured experience. Holding the hands of the children, sensing the fear, and struggle in their hearts. I held their hands and told them, “as long as my hands are here with u, nothing will happen to you.” Most of them trusted, while others requires more courage, but ALL needed hands to hold. And I realize... How am I so like them, in the midst of darkness, fear, uncertainty. He holds my hands, he whispers “as long as I am for you, who can be against u?” Occasionally, I trusted. There were times I shrink. But he still encourages like how we all did for the children. He still held my hand when I feared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home